How to Audit Your Own Website
Is your website the best it can be? You don’t need to be a web expert or spend any money to find out. You can audit your own site using the simple survey below.
- Is the site responsive and compatible with mobile devices, such as cell phones and tablets, which now account for over 50% of all web traffic?
- Is the site optimized for key SEO terms?
- How does the website appear in Google search results?
- Does the site have a content management system so that it can be easily updated and maintained by the user? If so, is the CMS up to date?
- Does the site load quickly?
- How does the website look when it’s shared on social media?
- Is the website running Google Analytics to accurately report data on the site’s traffic?
- Is the site backed up on a weekly basis so that it can be restored in the event of corruption, a security breach, or other catastrophic event?
- Is the site being kept up to date with the most recent security patches?
- Does the site have a blog to maximize SEO and user engagement? If so, is it current?
- Does the site have prominent links to social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter?
- Is there a prominent signup form that’s integrated into a web marketing platform such as Constant Contact or MailChimp?
- Does the website allow users to view calendars and sign up for events?
- Can visitors make secure purchases directly on the website? If so, is the shopping cart optimized for SEO and user experience? Is there an SSL certificate for security?
- Is there any other critical functionality that could easily be added to the site?
If you answered yes to every question, you’re well on your way to a great site! If not, call us at 877-302-2185 and we’d be happy to personally review your site for free to help you come up with some great solutions.